We update this section regularly with competition news, links to great giveaways we see around the web and any special offers that come to our attention as well as regular guides and 'how to's' on how to increase your chances of winning!
6th December 2017
To help relieve the stress during this busy Advent period we thought you might like to see this article we discovered today, a collection of the most unusual competition prizes including a Python, a Human Skull and are favourite a goat farm in Alabama!
As you will discover none of our prizes are quite so strange! This week has seen some great additions to the site including the chance to win a Spa Day for Two at a location of your choice, a Ninja® BL642 Blender worth £139 and a selection of watches from the beautiful new Limit collection Secret Garden launching into the shops this December.
30th November 2017
Can you believe it is December tomorrow? How crazy is that, it has come round so fast! So, tomorrow is the big day for all the Advent competitions to go live – and it's likely going to be bigger and better than last year, with so many more companies taking part.
Here are some helpful comping tips for dealing with Advent competitons that we hope you'll find useful
1. Only enter for prizes that you really want to win, you could get swayed into entering everything but believe us, this will help keep you sane!
2. Make sure you have cleared out your email account so that you can easily spot any winning emails that come through – also keep an eye on that junk folder as people miss out on prizes that sometimes go in there
3. Think about warning your non-comping friends that your social media pages may get clogged up with competitions – you want to be winning stuff, not losing friends
4. Bookmark websites – create a new folder, and then put every site in here so Day 2, 3 and so on will be so much quicker
5. Sites like ThePrizeFinder, Loquax and CompetitionDatabase will have lists so use them to help you find prizes but also to track which ones you’ve entered
6. Be happy, this is meant to be a fun time of year, don’t worry if you miss an advent there will be plenty to keep you busy but you don’t have to do them all
7. Remember, whilst everyone is busy focusing on advents – normal competitions will be running – so if everyone else is doing advents perhaps make it your mission to mix it up
8. Be careful for scams and fake companies - use your instincts if something looks to good to be true - then it most likely is. Check the official company website or social pages to check the prize is from them. If a company has only got a few followers, check their profile page and make a judgement call - don't just follow everyone else - be protective of your data and if it's asking too many questions check and see if it's a legit business
Our own Countdown to Christmas Advent will be starting tomorrow – if you have given consent to receiving our emails you will receive an Advent email every day. We have some great prizes – each one will only be open for 24 hours and you will only have 7 days to claim your prize in My Account so don’t forget to check and see if you have been lucky!
Good luck and enjoy the countdown to Christmas
27th November 2017
Hopefully you all enjoyed Black Friday and are currently doing your best robot impressions on Cyber Monday. The Black Friday weekend can be an expensive time, and being so close to Christmas, makes it all the more costly. That's why, during December, we'll be giving away more prizes than ever, doing our bit to help you all have the most festive period ever. We'll be giving away 24 prizes in 24 days through our Countdown to Christmas Advent every day from 1st December until Christmas Eve and we'll be packing the rest of the site with as many prizes as we can.
In order to maximise your chances of winning, we'd suggest coming as often as you can (you can enter every come once a day) - the more entires you have, the greater you chance of winning!
We'll also do our bext to bring you as many offers as we can in the run up to Christmas to help you get those stocking fillers and presents from the tree for the best price you can, starting with 50% of GAP today only, using the code CYBERGAP
Also, ever tried one of those win a car competitons? We always thought "nah, I'll never win", but there have been over 380 winners and £22m of cars given away since they started, so maybe we'll give it a go ourselves! If you fancy it, you can find out more here and get an introductory offer if you're a new user!
Finally today, if you're planning on entertaining this Christmas, Waitrose are offering free delivery or click and collect in store on all online Christmas and party food orders
23rd November 2017
Black Friday is upon us. Deals, deals, deals everywhere. The offers are often time sensitive, so below are a few that we've found, but get in quick before they run out!
- Brown Bag Clothing - 10% of EVERYTHING on the site, using code BLKFRI10
- Extra 30% off Orders in the Up to 40% off Black Friday Sale plus Free Delivery at Nike - use code BF30
- Up to 20% off Online Orders at Selfridges - use code SELFCCE
- Happy Socks are running a pre Black Friday sale with 40% - great stocking fillers :-)
22nd November 2017
Ho Ho Ho… yes, it won’t be long until Father Christmas is on his way to us. To help get you in the festive spirit we will be running a Countdown to Christmas Advent every day from 1st December until Christmas Eve. With over £700 worth of prizes to giveaway you have to be in it to win it! From watches to vouchers to games, there is something for everyone, so don’t miss out.
19th November 2017
As well as bringing you great prizes to win, we also have secured discount codes to offer our lucky members, so if you don't win, you still have the chance to buy the gift at a reduced price. Here is a list of all the current active discount codes available in case you wanted to do a little bit of Christmas shopping!
Get 15% off discount for https://thegrownupchocolatecompany.co.uk/ using the code CHRISTMAS15 valid until 14th December
Get a 15% discount for https://www.totally-funky.co.uk/ using the code IWON15 valid until 8th December
Get 10% off your first order with Cloggs https://www.cloggs.co.uk/ using the code TENFFAF valid until 30th November
Get 10% off your Floral Cakes order at https://www.flowercard.co.uk/ using SCOMP10 valid until 31st December
Bakedin are offering you a 60% discount to join their award-winning Baking Club. Visit the Bakedin Baking Club today to sign up to their exclusive subscription service and enter the code SIMPLYBAKEDIN at the checkout. Your first box will be £2.99 and you can cancel at anytime https://bakedin.co.uk/pages/baking-club
Get a free A4 Rose Gold letter pack with every A4 wooden Gold light box purchased. Add both items to your trolley and at checkout enter code GOLDPACK https://www.getgingersnap.com/
Use this single use *DISCOUNT CODE*- HEAVENLYSWEETS10 and save 20% off your next order at Heavenly Sweets available until 17th December 2017 https://www.heavenlysweets.co.uk/
Save 10% by using code FUDGE10 https://www.thedevonfudgecompany.co.uk/
Save 10% using the code: IWON - valid until 5th January 2018 http://www.brodericksbrothers.com/
Use code: SANTAOFF and receive an exclusive 20% discount at checkout www.eggnogg.co.uk
Get 25% of any Magic Santa Letter using the code SC25OFF - Simply add the code in the cart section when ordering (Hurry Offer Expires 15/11/2017). https://magicsantaletter.co.uk/
18th November 2017
We spotted this great giveaway over on Competition Database. If you've shopped at the Post Office recently, you can use your receipt to enter, give them some useful feedback about your experiences and enter to win one of five £100 gift cards. You can enter once a week into a monthly draw, and given it'll take just 5 mins of your time (probably less!), then it's a bit of a no brainer. Head on over to Competition Database now and click on the link to take you to the Post Office site!
Christmas is approaching, and who doesn't love a hamper at Christmas! If you want to buy a fabulous one, visit Christmas hampers (from Hampergifts.co.uk) to see their great range and get one ordered in time for Christmas